Skip to content
Organizations & Websites
- Childnet International – charity that aims to make the internet a safe place for children and young people.
- Common Sense Media – a non-profit organization that “provides education and advocacy to families to promote safe technology and media for children.”
- Connect Safely – nonprofit organization dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy and security. Here you’ll find research-based safety tips, parents’ guidebooks, advice, news and commentary on all aspects of tech use and policy.
- COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule) – COPPA imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.
- Cyber Tip Line – the nation’s centralized reporting system for the online exploitation of children.
- Enough is Enough – nonprofit organization leading the effort to confront online pornography, child pornography, child stalking and sexual predation with innovative initiatives and effective communications.
- Media Smarts – a nonprofit organization that focuses on media literacy programs
- Protect Young Eyes – explains the latest digital trends, social media apps, and device parental controls.
- Very Well Family: Technology for Kids – learn how to be aware of how much technology is safe for kids, what content is appropriate, and how to keep them safe online.
- Web Wise – offers free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues.